As a messaging App, Viber has expanded quite a bit since it was launched in 2010. Viber doesn’t just have the regular features of other messaging app’s, it takes it even further with the stickers & emoticons that allows for more customization. Currently, there are more than 200 million active Viber users located in more than 193 countries. Around 200 million people have to be on to something. In this article, I’am going to explain Latest Viber Tips Tricks 2017.
1. Switch Between Conversations Quickly – Viber Tips Tricks 2017
If you’ve got a lot of conversations going on, you probably need to change between chat rooms quickly. Instead of going to the app’s main page every time you want to switch chat rooms, there is 1 better path to do that. Have a look at the following trick.
- Enter any chat room of your previous conversations, & swipe to the right of your device screen.
- In here you can see all your active chat rooms & you can easily switch to a different chat room by tapping on your friend/group chat name.
- Block & Unblock Mobile Contact Numbers On Viber
2. Easily block a contact with Viber Tips Tricks 2017
Viber allows you easily block contacts in your list so that you can get rid of their annoying message of stickers once & for all. The procedure to block a contact in Viber is very easy.
To Block a contact:
- Just swipe in from the right & you will see the chat options there.
- Click the menu three dotted icons to bring up the secondary menu & you will see the option to block the contact.
- Just tap BLOCK & the contact will be blocked & you won’t receive any further messages.
To Unblock a contact:
- Simply go to Settings >> Privacy >> Block List
- Now you will see the list of people you have blocked & you can unblock them from here.
3. Hide your Online & Seen Notification – Viber Tips Tricks 2017
Both your online status as well as the message seen notification can act as “Relationship Spoiler” these days, if you know what I mean. So, Viber gives you an option to disable your Online status & message Seen status. Look at the procedure below to know how to disable it.
- Go to Viber Settings >> Privacy.
- Now all you need to do is un-check Seen status & Online status.
- Un-checking of these 2 things will disable these 2 notifiesto the person sending you the message
4. Hide Seen & Online Status Viber Tips Tricks 2017
Sometimes, you don’t really want your friends to see when you are Online (or) if others have ‘Seen’ your message. You can disable these features to for little bit more privacy. If you would like to hide the ‘Seen’ status, follow these steps.
- On the Viber app main page, tap on Navicon & choose Settings.
- Tap on Privacy & un-tick Send ‘Seen’ Status.
To hide your ‘Online’ status, have a look below.
Note: This feature can be turned on/off once every 24 hrs only.
- Go to the app main page & tap on Navicon. Next, tap on Settings.
- In here, tap on Privacy & un-tick Share ‘Online’ Status.
5. Enable Smart Notifications: Viber Tips Tricks 2017
By default, you will keep on receiving every message notification sent to you by your friends. If you find that annoying & distracting, turn on the “Smart Notifications” feature to let Viber can combine those messages into 1 notification instead. To do that follow these simple steps.
- Enter the chat room where you want to enable smart notifications & swipe to the left.
- Tap on Smart Notifications to enable it.
6. Turn off all kind of Notifications: Viber Tips Tricks 2017
Sometimes you simply want to stay away from social media & spend some time alone or with your family or friends. These notifications from various different app’s can be a problem in such situations. To turn off all notifications from Viber, simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Viber Settings >> Notifications.
- Now un-check all the settings related to Notifications.
- Now everything is unchecked, you won’t get any message notifications from Viber unless you activate all the options again in Notifications menu.
7. How to turn off Light Screen for Messages: Viber Tips Tricks 2017
The screen on your Android mobile phone lights up every time you get a notification which is kind of irritating & acts as a battery hog. You can easily turn it off by going into Viber settings.
Follow the steps mentioned here.
- Go to Viber Settings >> Notifications.
- Now simply un-check the option that reads Light Screen for Messages.
8. Delete Messages in the Conversation – Viber Tips Tricks 2017
Removing traces of the past sometimes becomes a necessity (or) maybe you simply want to delete older messages, right? Well here is how you can do it easily.
- Simply open the chat that what you want to delete the messages.
- Now long press on 1 of the messages.
- Select more messages that you want to delete & simply tap the trash can button on the lower right side of the app to delete the message.
9. Change Wi-fi Settings for Viber to Change Wi-Fi Sleep Policy: Viber Tips Tricks 2017
By default, Viber has its own Wi-fi profile which prevents Wi-fi from being disconnected while your Mobile goes to sleep. But probably you are having some other settings on your mobile & Viber is interfering with it.
You can change the settings in Viber settings.
● Go to Viber Settings >> General.
- Now choose Change Wi-fi Policy & you will be asked to choose between 2 options.
- You can choose to either keep it connected even when the Mobile phone is asleep which is already enabled by default.
- Or else you can also choose to follow the device’s policy which you might have modified the settings.
10. Doodle On Any Photo: Viber Tips Tricks 2017
Did you, If you want to doodle on a photo you received (or) you sent to a friend of yours, you don’t need some other app in order to do it? Whether you receive it from your friends on Viber (or) if it’s a snapshot taken using your smartphone camera, you can still use the Viber Doodle feature on those photos. To Doodle on any photo, follow these steps.
- Tap on any photos that you received on Viber application & tap on the Navicon then select Doodle on this photo.
- You can play around with the eraser, colors, brush options (or) change to a different photo in Doodle editor.
- Once you are done, tap on SEND button to send your doodle to any of your Viber friends list.
11. Access a chat media gallery: Viber Tips Tricks 2017
All the photos you receive on Viber are stored on your mobile’s storage & they are available in your phone’s gallery. But if you are looking to check the photos (or) media sent by your friend, you can find it inside Viber itself.
- Simply open a chat in Viber & swipe in from the right side.
- Now you will see an option named as Media & after tapping that you will be able to check the media sent by that contact easily.